With baseball postseason right around the corner, we suggest getting to a Dodger game before the crowds (and ticket prices) go up. Ryan Sypek has lived in Echo Park within walking distance to Dodger Stadium since 2012. Below are his insider tips on how to properly enjoy a Dodger game and also get the most bang for your buck.
- Buy the cheapest tickets you can find on the 1st base side of the field. These seats actually have the best view of the sunset.
- Pick a game that has a promotional item (like a bobblehead or a baseball hat) associated with the purchase of a ticket. Be sure to arrive ON TIME since the giveaways are first-come first-serve. Upcoming promotional items include a Matt Kemp bobblehead at the 9/18 game against the Colorado Rockies or a Manny Machado bobblehead at the 9/22 game against the San Diego Padres. These are great keepsakes for you or the perfect gift for a fellow Dodger fan.
- Enjoy an ice cold beer with a classic Dodger Dog. Since you bought the cheap seats and arrived early to get the promotional item, you can now splurge on these items while enjoying the sunset views.
- Once the sun has set, you can try jumping around to new seats (until someone kicks you out) or, better yet, go down to one of the two outdoor bars near the bullpens & order a blue margarita.
- Depending on the outcome of the game, celebrate or commiserate with fellow Dodger fans after the game at a local eatery or bar like Guisados or The Short Stop.
- Most importantly – Root root root for the home team! Go Dodgers!